[rescue] G4 pricing

Wed Aug 16 19:37:13 CDT 2006

>> I really have to ask myself--what do I do that needs that kinda
>> horsepower?
> Worry not; I'm sure software will bloat so as to make it feel as
> sluggish as a 40MHz 80386 by the end of the decade.

Three apropos connect/disconnect messages people have set on the mud I
co-run:

"The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its
continuing cancellation of the steady and staggering gains made by the
computer hardware industry."  - Henry Petroski

"Wordstar on an 4.077 MHz 8088 could keep up with my typing; WinWord
under Windoze on a 300 MHz PII can't." --Seth Breidbart

"I have always wished that my computer be as easy to use as my
telephone.  My wish has come true.  I no longer understand how to use
my telephone." --attributed to Bjarne Stoustrup[sic]

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca