[rescue] Dual headed U10

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Wed Aug 16 17:39:59 CDT 2006

der Mouse wrote:
> But I'm not going to be getting rid of the CRTs, no sirree bob.  Just
> replacing the routine-use CRT with an LCD for, well, routine use.

One *huge* advantage LCD's have over CRT's is size/weight.
(D'uh...)  I keep a 14" panel in a closet for those times
when I need a monitor on a (headless) machine -- and am
not happy with the prospect  of hauling a 75# box around
the house just for that particular need!  :-(

BTW, on a related issue, I've noticed that the screens
on Sony monitors are harder to clean than other monitors.
<grrr>  "Harder" is a bad choice of words.  :-(
They seem as if they have a *film* on them that *behaves*
as if it was oily (it isn't but that's what it seems
to look like while cleaning).

Is there a recommended practice for cleaning them that
differs from "typical" CRT's?  Or, am I imagining this?  :>