[rescue] G4 pricing

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 18:03:54 CDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> velociraptor wrote:
> >
> > Another thing to find out (I discovered this the hard way) is whether
> > the FW ports are working.  FW bus problems are common PowerMacs and
> > problems with FW ports often result in problems with PCI slots.  My
> > on-board FW is dead, and one of my PCI slots is dead as well.
>
> By the sound of it, we just don't really want to touch this one.

Well, it depends on if you want to invest the time and if they will
allow you to open it up and take a gander at the HDs and do some
testing.

My readings on FW ports indicate that the #1 cause of problems is
over-power on the bus caused by faulty cables or out-of-spec
equipment.  Apparently the iSight is not really w/in specs for FW.

=Nadine=