[rescue] G4 pricing

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 14 16:08:12 CDT 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Is $350 a good price for a G4/400 Power Mac, 640MB RAM, two disks (75GB
> and 128GB)?

If it doesn't have an AGP slot, no.  If it has an AGP slot, it's still
not excellent.  A little less than twice that price got me a dual-1GHz
G4 w/ crap video, 1GB memory, and no disk around Christmas time.  Disks
are cheap.  Video cards aren't -that- horribly expensive, but upgrading
the rest of the box isn't really an option.

I've found that Macs with easily-fixed things wrong with them (dead
disks, bad RAM, etc.) tend to go for very cheap, even if the rest of the
specs are decent.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"