[rescue] Dual headed U10

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Mon Aug 14 13:19:34 CDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 07:53:14PM -0700, Don Y wrote:
> I would need this to be Sol8...

Should be do-able. What video are you using at the moment? If the onboard
ATI, I think plugging in a UPA board, reconfiguring and restarting should
be a good start. You'll of course need to adjust your X config to match,
but that should be fairly straightforward.

> No problem -- since both monitors are identical and located
> besides each other.  If the "wrong one" became the console,
> I would just swap cables (easier than swapping 75# monitors!  :>)

Hehe. All good monitors are _heavy_ :)

Take a look at the Sun Framebuffer FAQ - it may be useful.
http://www.sunshack.org/data/fbfaq/FrameBuffer.html

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/