[rescue] Dual headed U10

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sun Aug 13 15:07:59 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 10:39:39AM -0700, Don Y wrote:
> I *assume* this is possible (?).

AFAIK, yes. You can use both the onboard ATI VGA and an add-on card in the
UPA slot (Creator3D/Elite3D). I'm not sure what OS you're using, but it
should work under both Solaris and NetBSD (I know of someone running a
triple-head setup in an U10 with NetBSD, using the onboard ATI, a Creator3D
and a PCI Matrox VGA card).

Not sure exactly what software setup is required though, to be honest, nor
which device will be the console (I think the U10 will default to the card
in the UPA slot, but this can be changed).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/