[rescue] WTB: Cisco C3524 and C3512

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 8 10:24:52 CDT 2006

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:20:44AM -0400, nate at portents.com wrote:
>> Build yourself a MythTV box and you can:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials
>
> I don't watch enough commercial TV to care. Most of the networks here
> don't embed commercials, they are at the end.

That's how UK TV used to work, too.  The commercials were *between*
programs, not scattered randomly through them the US way.  I find it
incredibly distracting and disruptive.  But if they put the commercials
in a bunch at the end of the show, a lot more people would probably
realize that there's a minute of commercials for every two to three
minutes of their show.

Sooner or later, TV advertisers will realize that more people might
actually pay attention to their commercials (instead of simply noting
the brands and using them as a boycott list) if they weren't so freaking
annoying.  You'd think the fact that almost all viewers almost always
mute or skip the commercials, if given the ability to do so, would tell
them something.