[rescue] WTB: Cisco C3524 and C3512

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 8 06:19:31 CDT 2006

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: 2006/08/07 Mon PM 04:50:17 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] WTB: Cisco C3524 and C3512

>On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 05:17:25PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>> > Shouldn't it be 24 for the living room and 12 for the bedroom?
>> > Or maybe the 12 in the living room is because the living room already
>> > has a 24port gige switch.
>>
>> The bedroom isn't the bedroom bedroom, it's a... uh... office with racks
>> and raceways?
>
>Then why not call it the machine room or office.  Although it doesn't
>sound like a very nice office to me.  In my prefered house, the two
>would be seperated, with multiple strands of cat5E, coax, and fiber
>connecting the two.  If I really had the money to spare, it would be all
>fiber.

Well, let's not confuse an *actual* house with a "hoped-for" house ("a bird in the hand...").

After my lightning strike of a week+ ago, I'd think hard about a long cable run (mine are very long - dare I say unusually long for a residence, the cable runs the length of the house and back, plus the height of the house becuse that was the easiest run.

While I'm on the subject of lightning, my list of damaged items increased to include an 80 hour Replay unit. The unit has a lifetime activation, so I'm considering sending it back to Replay for repair. The repair is $150, but the lifetime activation is retained. The Ethernet port died, and seemingly took the motherboard with it (on power-up the screen stays blank, but the HD spins up and the fan works).

Lionel