[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook users

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 7 05:16:11 CDT 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Thu, 03 Aug 2006 @ 12:21 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:
>
>> I actually abandoned babcom.com for mail delivery purposes because the
>> spam problem had gotten so bad.  It wasn't 15%-30% more spam than real
>> mail; it was orders of magnitude.  I once observed a three-day period
>> over which I received in excess of 10,000 spam delivery attempts per
>> day, and less than 100 legitimate mail messages during the entire three
>> days.
>
> That's just crappy.  I'd like to be left alone in a room full of
> spammers, with a nice long and nasty blade in my hand...

I actually like the thought of applying the same solution as for career
politicians.

It works like this:

You pick a sturdy, enclosed facility like, say, the Superdome.  You
round them all up, and you herd them in there, and you bar the doors.
You turn off the water, and all power except for overhead lights, and
the air conditioning.  You wait, oh, about three days.

On the third day, you open up a maintenance hatch or something similar
in the roof, and you drop in about forty or fifty spiked clubs.

On the fourth day, through the same hatch, you slowly lower in a tray
with twenty Big Macs and four six-packs of soda on it.

Naturally, you film everything.  Pay-per-view will probably recoup all
costs and more.