[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Apr 29 15:35:30 CDT 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 11:52 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Thu, 27 Apr 2006 @ 16:41 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:
>
>> No, it DOESN'T work.  That's exactly the problem.  Or, it works, but
>> just barely.  I've driven cars where the guage could sit on empty
>> for 40
>> miles and you still had 4 gallons of gas in the tank.  I've driven
> [snip]
>
> I've also driven cars like my 1980 Honda whose fuel gauge was
> perfectly
> correct all the time.
>
> My friend's BMW 735i is also spot-on all the time.

My 740iL is also very accurate so far.  I can always drive until the
light comes on.  I've not gone much below 35 miles of range left.
The light comes on at 50 I think.  The light comes on when the needle
is on 1/16.  I require 20.3 gallons or so at that point.  I think the
tank is 22 gallons.

Andrew