[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Sat Apr 29 13:21:05 CDT 2006

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:07:31 -0700, Don Y wrote:
>> My solution when I happen to be walking past someone entering/exiting
>> their vehicle in such a spot is to smile, disarmingly, and casually
>> say, "I hope some day you NEED that spot." and keep smiling and
>> walking.  It usually takes them a few moments to realize that
>> I have not wished them well!
>
> It's tempting, but there's quite a few people whose condition isn't
> immediately obvious who do need that spot. My mum happens to know quite
> a few through her volunteer work who have been falsely accused in a
> similar way. Some of whom get quite upset about it.

If they *need* the spot, then they should
have the credentials for the spot.  Far too
often it's "Oh, I just have to run in for a
minute to buy some _____"

"Ah, that's entirely different!  Feel free to use these
spots.  Congress *intended* them to be for busy people
who don't have time to walk an extra 50 feet.  And, if
some poor soul who actually *needs* the spot comes along
while you're inside, I'm SURE they are nowhere NEAR as
BUSY as you and can afford to wait around for you to come
out so they can use these spots..."