[rescue] cassette?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 29 08:45:19 CDT 2006

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 @ 13:12 -0400, Ethan O'Toole said:

> > That's what I did two weeks ago.  Hard to find good quality mp3s though.
> > Most peole make really crappy encodings.
>
> I'd bet that a 128k generic mp3 is better quality than an old analog tape.

You'd lose that bet.

My analog tapes don't have:

	- clipping
	- sound artifacts
	- razor edge nastiness on what should be smooth sounds

Analog tapes might not have high resolution, but they at least degrade
gracefully.

> Some of the decks allow you to adjust the head alignment without a screw
> driver, but not many. It's probably missing the high end... or low end.

Then again, some decks are just nice decks and don't need adjusting.

> > I have the Doobie Brothers album with the full sized doobie image on
> > the inside.  Hard to believe stuff like that used to get people
> > riled up.
>
> I know nothing about the doobie brothers. I'm assuming the doobie image is
> drugs?

Yep.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]