[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Fri Apr 28 19:31:24 CDT 2006

nate at portents.com wrote:
>>My solution when I happen to be walking past someone entering/exiting
>>their vehicle in such a spot is to smile, disarmingly, and casually
>>say, "I hope some day you NEED that spot." and keep smiling and
>>walking.  It usually takes them a few moments to realize that
>>I have not wished them well!
>

> I was heading into a Best Buy in LA about six years ago, and a Lamborghini
> Diablo pulled into a handicapped spot in the front row of spaces, and a
> young, healthy couple got out and walked in.  I noticed there was some
> sort of handicap permit hanging from their rear view mirror, but the
> plates were normal.  To this day I still don't know what was up with that.

I remember a story (maybe urban legend) about someone doing that and
another person watching him get out... He said "hey, are you
hadicapped?" The response was "Well, not really." They guy replied: "You
wanna be?"

I liked that. I just can't stand people who think that they are more
important than others...

Steve