[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Apr 28 17:48:00 CDT 2006

Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2006, at 6:15 PM, nate at portents.com wrote:
>
>>> My solution when I happen to be walking past someone entering/exiting
>>> their vehicle in such a spot is to smile, disarmingly, and casually
>>> say, "I hope some day you NEED that spot." and keep smiling and
>>> walking.  It usually takes them a few moments to realize that
>>> I have not wished them well!
>> I was heading into a Best Buy in LA about six years ago, and a
>> Lamborghini
>> Diablo pulled into a handicapped spot in the front row of spaces,
>> and a
>> young, healthy couple got out and walked in.  I noticed there was some
>> sort of handicap permit hanging from their rear view mirror, but the
>> plates were normal.  To this day I still don't know what was up
>> with that.
>
> Just another lazy jerk abusing their fellow citizens.

<grin>  Hence the "I hope some day you NEED that spot."
It would be *delightful* to find the same guy, 30 years
later, cussing because some JERK has taken the handicapped
spot that he now *needs* due to a bad back, severe arthritis,
etc.

Of course, he won't recall that *he* was that jerk 30 years
earlier...