[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Wesley Will wwill at siu.edu
Fri Apr 28 13:18:44 CDT 2006

>> no actual pain involved.  Makes it hard for those who are truely
>> suffering.
>
> Well, yeah.  Gaming the system is always a bad thing.

Tell me about it.  Campus parking, scarce, somewhat expensive
(stickers annually, and price goes up every year).  Plenty of
handicapped spots.  Plenty of (truly) handicapped staff, students,
faculty using them.  And some gamers. One was a daughter of a police
chief in a local area town, about as un-handicapped as a young
gazelle.  Campus parking Gestapo won't tow her off the Handi spots
because daddy's a cop....  Plenty more examples, and worse.