[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Apr 28 10:27:53 CDT 2006

>    Woah, you *paid* for one? I took my sick car to the local Auto Zone
> store the other night. The goatee'd teen behind the counter ran out to
> the parking lot and read off the code (and full text!) from a
> Fluke-looking handheld. He read it twice more when he saw me frantically
> scribbling it down on my hand, too. :7)
>
>     I found the explanation on the net, tried the gas-cap trick despite
> their advice, and the light went off the next day.
>
>    Now, to find a dealer who wants to give too much for it in
> trade-in...

There's a cheaper one that just gives the codes but not for the whole system.
The local garages charge for the analysis and since my wife's car has been
a PITA, it has already paid for itself.  It also mkes repair jobs cheaper
when you tell them what's wrong rather than them checking (and possibly
adding non-existant problems to the repair bill).  And if you have a car
with a failed sensor, you can clear the code before inspection (ha! ha!)

Bob