[rescue] cassette?

Wesley Will wwill at siu.edu
Fri Apr 28 08:39:12 CDT 2006

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Duncan wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Peter Corlett wrote:
>>> I think I've possibly got "Queen's Greatest Hits" on tape somewhere, does
>>> that count?

Probably three hundred cassettes, of course they've degraded by now,
but still playable at least somewhat.

>> I think I still have the Village People's YMCA album on... 8-track.
>>
>> I no longer own any 8-track players, though...

Want to buy one or more?  And any of the duplicate tapes (my brother
has several thousand unique titles, some dupes, which he will probably
part with for a fin, maybe a sawbuck, or so each, you'd have to ask him.)

>> I also have a few Edison cylinders floating around.

Need any more?

> I have a shitload of Victrola records.

A stack about as high as I am of the old 78's.  'Course I'm fairly
short, 165 cm/65 inches.

The real trove is the steamer trunks full of 33 1/3rd LPs.  Procul
Harum, anyone?  Blind Faith?  All of the Beatles albums?

--
w will