[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Apr 27 09:22:51 CDT 2006

> At least these are "undeniable" (ahem) *features*.
> I have a cassette tape deck that autoreverses at the end
> of side A (etc.) to play the back side of the tape.
> As expected, when it starts playing the back side of
> the tape, the tape counter counts *down* (so, when the back
> side is finished playing, the counter should have returned
> to 0000 -- assuming it was started at this point on the
> front side).
>
> But, if you eject the tape as soon as it gets to the end
> of the front side, manually flip the tape over and reinsert
> it, and then press "PLAY FORWARD" (i.e. play the front side
> of the tape), the tape counter STILL counts *down* -- even
> though the tape reels are moving "up".
>
> (can you spell "bug"?)

Maybe I'm stupid but from your description, it sounds like
you are manually reversing the tape and the counter is
counting the same way as it would with the autoreverse.
You are moving the track to the head instead of the
autoreverse moving the head to the track, same effect.
A bug? Makes sense to me....

Bob