[rescue] Mac Plus keyboard and mouse needed

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Apr 25 13:22:02 CDT 2006

Hi,

I was just given a Mac Plus without keyboard and mouse. Despite someone
spilling a soda on it from the time the person who gave it to me left
his home, made a quick stop (where it was anointed) and dropped it off,
after a quick wipe, it boings and flashes a floppy needed icon.

It's missing the battery cover, but has a battery in it. I can't tell how
much ram it has, or if the battery is any good without a keyboard and
mouse. I can burn a system floppy for it, as soon as I get to a Mac with
a floppy drive and OS9 or older. I have them, but not easily accessable.

So assuming it actually works, I can make something worthwile to someone
out of it. I probably could even put together a hard disk drive for it.

If you are in Israel and want it, please come get it. If you are not
and have a keyboard and or mouse you are willing to give me, please
let me know. I probably can arrange transport from the U.S., if it gets
to a friend who is coming in a few weeks.

Note that this is NOT ADB, the keyboard uses a cable that looks like
(but is not) a telephone handset cable and the mouse uses a db9 connector.

Thanks, Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838