[rescue] Ultra AXe question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 25 12:15:25 CDT 2006

>From: Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net>
>Date: Fri Apr 21 20:29:16 CDT 2006
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Ultra AXe question

>> Stands for "Trenton Computer Fesival".  One of the biggest
>> computer shows in NJ (probably the biggest but attendence
>> has fallen off in recent years).  One place you CAN get
>> non-PC stuff.  Some computer show don't even have Mac
>> stuff (and they call themselves computer shows...hummph!)
>> It's a two day affair which has been going on for a number
>> of years.  I've been to them all.
>
>I don't often wish that I lived south of Maine... just every once in a
>while.

One year, a bunch of folks "flew in" from Ohio in a private plane (propeller), and had to arrange UPS shipment of all purchases before they left...

Same year, a bunch of folks came up from Red Hat and wandered around - they bought a lot of Sun ELCs (they were about $20 at the time), and seemed to spark an increased interest in running Red Hat on SPARC (up until then, the effort was very minimal)...

I've missed a few, but I've been to alot of them (maybe 20+) - always a good time, even the bad ones (like this year - rain, low turnout, few "interesting" items (aside from massive number of identically priced PC bits)...

Lionel