[rescue] What is a RIMM?

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Apr 23 09:18:15 CDT 2006

   On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 09:35:19PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > Considering it's to upgrade a 1.4mHz P4, I think I'll forget about it.
>
> Wow, that' s an awful slow P4. 8-)

   Talk about underclocking!  Wow.

   Out of curiosity, can one clock anything "modern" down to DC?
(Older static CPUs you could, just to walk them through the various
states to see what happened in each; newer ones tend to use dynamic
elements that need refreshing so you can't radically underclock them.)