[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 21 17:58:20 CDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> Hence why I stick with Nextel and my i90c, even as Nextel's level of
>> service continues its steady post-merger decline.
>
> What have you observed in this regard?  We're noticing that our signal
> fairly suddenly became a lot more erratic and weaker, and it seems
> voice clarity went down.

That, and customer "service" is a lot less useful.  My big complaint is
that the people I talk to routinely hear someone else's conversation
while I hear silence.  I've reported this to Nextel twice.  The first
time, I got a call-back a couple weeks later which was a lot like this:

  N:  Nextel customer service.  You're having a problem with your phone?
  J:  Yes, when I'm at home, the other party frequently hears someone
      else's conversation for a few seconds while I hear dead air.
  N:  Ah, is this happening right now?
  J:  Well, no, as I'm stuck in traffic on the freeway rather than at
      home, and you'd know a lot faster than me, anyway.
  N:  Must've been a fluke, then.  Thanks for choosing Nextel and Have A
      Great Day!

The second time I got no response at all other than someone "would get
back with me."

Coverage is really spotty at work, which is located in one of the more
upscale parts of Austin.  Nextel keeps messing with the web browser
menus, seeming to always find new ways of making new dead ends.
Direct-connect in Elgin frequently transmits a lot of dead air.

It's just...crap.  In 2003 I couldn't help but praise them, since they'd
just about perfected the mobile telephone as a communications device,
but now their service just blows.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Humans that lose the capacity to think become
Elgin, TX          (    creatures whose existence has no value."