[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:56:10 CDT 2006

On 4/21/06, Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> I really have a hard time believing that there is no longer a market for
> a phone that:
>
>    1) Sounds great
>    2) Has reasonable battery life
>    3) Is devoid of gadgety crap aside from:
>       A) A personal phonebook
>       B) A way to receive (and maybe send) text messages/pages
>       C) Enough of a web browser[0] to get driving directions,
>          restaurant recommendations, addresses, and phone numbers

You can get 1, 2, 3A and 3B in any low-end Nokia "candybar" phone
(definitely should run less than $150); 'course, that won't do you any
good on Nextel.  You can get 3C without WAP by calling 1-800-555-TELL.

I recommend howardforums.com for *anything* you want to know about
cell phones.  I rec'd 3 verifications concerning a question I had
about something a CSR told me in < 24 hours (one of the respondents
was a T-Mo employee), and had a several very informed responsed to my
question about what Nokia phones I should look at in a similar time
frame.

It's a pain that it's a forum (click, wait, click, wait), but it's
loaded with good info, nonetheless.

=Nadine=