[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 21 11:50:36 CDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> a new yorker cartoon skewered this perfectly a few years ago.  it's of
> a woman asking a salesman 'do you have a phone that doesn't do very
> much?'

Hence why I stick with Nextel and my i90c, even as Nextel's level of
service continues its steady post-merger decline.  If I went with anyone
else, I'd have to purchase a phone that's either loaded-down with
battery-sucking featuritis, sounds horrible, or both.

I really have a hard time believing that there is no longer a market for
a phone that:

   1) Sounds great
   2) Has reasonable battery life
   3) Is devoid of gadgety crap aside from:
      A) A personal phonebook
      B) A way to receive (and maybe send) text messages/pages
      C) Enough of a web browser[0] to get driving directions,
         restaurant recommendations, addresses, and phone numbers

[0] Possibly just an embedded application that downloads data from
     specific services and displays them effectively, sort of like the
     old "online services" used to.  The i90c has a thing like this that
     partially runs on the phone and partially runs on Nextel's HTTP
     proxy.  It worked rather well before the merger, but nearly none of
     the information services works anymore.
--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Humans that lose the capacity to think become
Elgin, TX          (    creatures whose existence has no value."