[rescue] 802.11b to serial?

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:11:47 CDT 2006

Scott Newell wrote:
> At 10:51 AM 4/18/2006 , Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> Are you looking to connect a serial terminal via 802.11, or some sort of
>> other serial device?
>
> Some sort of other serial device.  (Embedded industrial control type thingy
> with a RS-485/422 port.)

I once did something similar to control a rack full of Opto-22
sensor/output modules. I used an ethernet-connected RS-485 controller
(NEMA 4X-rated -- if I'm remembering correctly, it was made by Black
Box), and a NEMA 4X-rated ethernet -> 802.11b bridge box.  The module
holders were daisy chained off each other with RS-485.

Peace...  Sridhar