[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun Apr 16 23:08:06 CDT 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Bryan Gurney wrote:
> Yeah, it's sad sometimes how bad the caps are in some products.
> I've had/seen plenty of bad cap experiences:

My favorite:

One of my servers disappears off radar.  I call out to the datacenter,
which has literally thousands of servers besides my 12.

"Hi, I have a server that just went down."
"Oh, was it server <gives nodename>?"
(I knew immediately this was a bad sign.  There are THOUSANDS there.)
"Umm... yes.  How did you know?"
"Well a few minutes ago there was a sound like a shotgun blast..."

I had him go out and try to power it back on and he just started
screaming as smoke poured out of it while he got it turned off.

I just wish I could have seen it.

-DanD

# Love is a matter of chemistry, but Sex is a matter of physics.