[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 19:03:52 CDT 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:55:35 -0400, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 05:11:20PM -0400, Bryan Gurney wrote:
>> Yeah, it's sad sometimes how bad the caps are in some products.
>> I've had/seen plenty of bad cap experiences:
>
> I had to replace the midplane/motherboard of my iMac G5 a year ago due to
> the bad cap problem:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/1340761/
>
> Bill

Nice wallpaper in the last pic; I remember a "circuit board" wallpaper back in the System 7.5 days that was a tile of about 32 x 32 pixels (back when 256 colors was the norm, and 16-bit color was the next big thing).

Also, I noticed that the keyboard in the last pic was hyperlinked for a "Tactile Pro Keyboard".  Is Flickr doing photorecognition advertising or something?