[rescue] your next Solaris machine ??? (Sol/x86 booting on iMac)

"Javi Mahai <lefa at ucsc.edu>" at ucsc.edu "Javi Mahai <lefa at ucsc.edu>" at ucsc.edu
Sat Apr 15 16:56:57 CDT 2006

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:55:51 -0500 (CDT)
  "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> [0] And, in fact, beat Sun to market.  That article was
>submitted for
>     publishing fully five months before Sun announced
>the UltraSPARC T1.
>     I was -using- a system built around a multicore
>POWER5 before Sun
>     announced the UltraSPARC T1.

I don't think SUN claimed to be the first one with a
multicore system to the market. However the POWER5 and T1
are two different beast, the POWER5 is a multichip sea of
dualcores where as the T1 is a single chip multicore...
therefore the T1 is closer to the chip multiprocessor
approach that SUN is touting.