[rescue] your next Solaris machine ??? (Sol/x86 booting on iMac)

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Apr 14 11:11:59 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 11:49, Scott Newell wrote:

> >> I imagine that Apple have now ceased production of PPC machines and are
now
> >> selling off old stock. Of the top of my head, I can't think of anybody
else
> >> who is making PPC workstations.
> >
> >IBM.  Sony.  Nintendo.  Microsoft.
>
> Nintendo makes a workstation?

Well, a "train station" is where a train stops.... so a "workstation"
must be ... I guess a Revolution or GameCube would qualify.

The PPC apologists are never going to admit the truth: PPC is
effectively dead as anything other than an embedded platform (and IBM
proprietary stuff is just as much embedded as anything else).

--Patrick