[rescue] (no subject)

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Wed Apr 12 13:02:55 CDT 2006

This is stuff that needs to be somewhere else, _quickly_.

I'm willing to sell it, barter it, give it away, whatever.  If I owe you
(stuff, favors, karma) then please just remind me -- I have a terrible
memory for this sort of thing, which probably gives off the impression
that I'm an ungrateful bastard.  I *am* in fact a bastard, but I'm not
ungrateful, so please feel free to jog my memory and remind me that I
owe you if that's the case, and I'll try to make good on it.

So yeah, sure, I'd like to make a little coin on some of this (and I
really don't want to *lose* too much money shipping it out) but I'm
more concerned with putting it in the hands of people that can use it --
and in some small way repaying sunhelp-rescue for parts, advice,
amusement, and camaraderie.

Onward.  Here's the hastily-compiled, innacurate and largely useless list:

-----

2 RDI Powerlite laptops, 1 power supply.

One of them powers up and boots SunOS 4; the other
seems to be dead, so either it's pilot error or it's
destined to be a spare parts supply.  The dead one
is missing the flip door on the back.

------

Apple 170 laptop (no battery)
Apple 140 laptop
power supplies for both.  Neither seems to power up,
once again this is either pilot error or they're
spare parts bins.

------

HP C2976P external SCSI enclosure with a probably-dead
4G drive in it.  This is roughly the same size as a Sun 411.

HP 2943A external SCSI enclosure with a CDROM drive in
it, condition unknown.  This thing apparently takes an
external power supply and I don't have one for it.

------

30 ft heavy-duty cable -- wide SCSI, it appears.

------

SGI Challenge S - config unknown
SGI Indy R5000 - config unknown

Looks to me like both have memory and CPUs, but only one
has a disk and I haven't tried to power up either.

------
Best Data SmartOne 336 FLX modem

Oh stop laughing, it gets worse.

------
Toshiba PCX1100 Cable Modem

------
Farallon Netopia PN 635

------

Cisco 772 ISDN Router (4 ethernet ports) with power brick
------

Belkin Apple Printer cable: 6 ft, 8-pin mini-DIN male-male, F2X024-06 sealed
------

2 8mm drives in big (and kind nice) external SCSI enclosures.
These look like IBM models; they're probably Exabyte 8200's or
something similar.  I don't know if they work.  Probably not worth
it for the drives, just the enclosures.

------

USR Sportster External modem, model #839, 33.6 faxmodem -- still sealed!

------

Cables.  Oh geez have I got lots and lots of cables.

	3x DB50 (SCSI-1) terminators
	1x micro-SCSI to micro-SCSI, 6 ft
	2x micro-SCSI to micro-SCSI, 4 ft
	1x CN50 (Centronics-style) terminator
	1x wacky CN50 to two CN50 cable
	5x CN50 to CN50, 6 ft
	1x CN50 to CN50, 3 ft
	3x CN50 to CN50, 2 ft
	2x DB50 to DB50, 1 ft
	2x CN50 to micro-SCSI, 6 ft
	1x DB50 to micro-SCSI, 6 ft
	4x DB50 to DB50, 3 ft
	1x DB50 to DB50, 6 ft
	1x DB50 to CN50, 6 ft
	1x DB50 to CN50, 3 ft
	2x CN50 male/female extender

	3x 15-pin male to 3xBNC (e.g. RGB) connectors, 2 ft
	1x 15-pin female to 3xBNC (e.g. RGB) connectors, 2 ft
	1x "narrow" CN50 to what looks like a DB25, 20 ft
	1x "narrow" CN50 to what looks like a DB25, 6 ft
	2x HP 40242-60026, "serial modem cable"?, 10 ft
	1x HP micro-SCSI to micro-SCSI, 8120-5546, 3 ft
	1x Adaptec micro-SCSI to CN50, 491962-00A, 2 ft
	1x DB15? male-female, 10 ft

	4x Sun Sparc-1/2/IPC/IPX-era audio dongle, 530-1594-01

	2x CN50 to DB25?, 4ft
	4x CN50 to DB25?, 2ft
	1x CN50 to DB25?, 3ft
	2x DB-9? (9-pin female) to DB-25 (25-pin male), 4 ft
	1x DB-9? (9-pin male) to DB-15 (15-pin male), 4 ft
	2x DB-15? (15-pin male) to DB-15? (15-pin male), 3ft
	11x old PC (VGA) video, 3-6 ft
	1x DB-15 (15-pin male) to DB15 (15-pin female), 8 ft
	1x DB-9 (old PC video) to same, 10 ft
	1x DB-9 (old PC video) to same, 10 ft + Belkin female-female adapter

	HDI-SCSI to CN50, 2 ft (I think this is what old Mac laptops use)

-----

Power supplies from an old Dell server -- three supplies plus a logic
board apparently designed to keep power working if 1/3 are dead.  Heavy.
Awkward.  Probably not worth shipping.

-----
Box of old SCSI disks: were working with one exception, see below:

	3x Seagate ST1480N (Sun 424)
	1x Conner CP3540
	1x Quantum ProDrive ES P008-0073414
	1x Quantum Maverick ProDrive M454S01N
	1x Seagate Hawk ST31200N
	1x Conner CP30540
	1x Maxtor 7213SR
	1x Seagate Medalist ST51080N -- seems flakey

-----

RCA DCM205 cablemodem w/power supply

-----

Data Switch: HDD15 + DB9 + DIN5, 4-way, rotary switch

-----

A cluster of stuff for people running thinnet -- a few cables,
some connectors, a couple of transceivers (I think one is
thinnet-AUI, not sure about the other)

Apple LaserWriter NT Owner's Guide
Digital Unix Installation Guide (from the mid-90's)