[rescue] FS (historical?) PPro 180 or 200, with VRM

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Apr 12 10:08:05 CDT 2006

Kevin Loch <kloch at gurunet.net> wrote:
[...]
> I have had problems with some 3ware cards.

We've got some 12-disk arrays with their 9xxx series cards and I'm a bit
mixed about them. They seem to be quite sensitive as to which motherboard
you use but are right screamers if you get the combination right.

(PC hardware being a mismash of potentially incompatible components
shocker.)

> I have never had any problems with highpoint. Their "simplicity" is a
> reliablilty advantage it seems.

IME, the Highpoint cards I've used are OK just so long as you treat them as
cheap JBOD controllers and have Linux md do the RAID. At 20 quid versus 400
for the 3Ware units, it's a bit of a no-brainer on my budget.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key