[rescue] SCSI Adapter on a Sun Ray 100

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Apr 10 18:38:18 CDT 2006

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 13:43:44 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just checked.  I don't have one handy, but I can probably dig one up
> without too much difficulty.
Yes. Symbios / LSI cards can be really cheap in ebay etc...

> How about a Qlogic QLA-1080?  I have one in my hands right now.
Most likely no fun. AFAIK Sun used the Symbios chips on there own cards.
Thats why they are supported by the mainboard firmware.

You can sell the QLA-1080 to a SGI freak. IRIX supports them out of the
box. Some Alphas support them too. I pulled a QLA-1040 out of an Alpha,
threw it into the PCI card cage of my Octane and it just worked. No
surprise. The two on board SCSI adapters of the Octane are the same
chips as on the QLA-1040.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen