[rescue] 200MHz Ultra2 CPUs

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Apr 10 13:07:25 CDT 2006

On Apr 9, 2006, at 20:55, Steve Sandau wrote:

> I just updated my Ultra2 to 300MHz USii CPUs so I could install
> Solaris
> 10 (and, well, so it would be faster, too, I guess).
>
> As a result, I have two 200MHz CPUs that'll work in an Ultra2. I
> gather
> that they will work in other machines as well, but I don't know
> exactly
> which.

Is there a list that shows which CPUs work with which mainboards? I
was wondering if U2 CPUs worked in a U60 case. I've heard that
sometimes CPUs which aren't "supposed" to work in some cases end up
working anyway.

> Anyone interested in them for COS?
>
> If not, anyone have a U2 chassis without CPUs that they will part with
> for COS?

Well, I've got a rackmount chassis that I've tried to get rid of a
couple of times. It's 3U, though it's pretty heavy since it's all
metal. Would you like it? $15 (plus shipping) would get rid of it,
and it would come with some RAM (I don't remember how much) if you
want it.

  - Micah