[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 10 10:15:20 CDT 2006

Mon, 10 Apr 2006 @ 01:58 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> There has to be something misconfigured there.  I've gotten better
> speeds with scp on much slower machines than that.

No misconfiguration.

NetBSD defaults to V6 CPU optimizatin.  The V6 doesn't have hardware
floating point.

I think they've started shipping NetBSD with a dynamic linker that picks
a CPU dependent version of the important libraries, at least on SPARC.
That partially solves the problem.

To really optimize though, you'll want to do a make world.

That can take awhile on an SS5... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.