[rescue] FS (historical?) PPro 180 or 200, with VRM

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Apr 7 18:32:32 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 01:25, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 06:49:10PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > Install RH 5.2 and impress (or depress) your friends!
>
> Heh. I still have a quad 512k cache 200Mhz PPro IBM Netfinity 7000 at home.
> It's a loud beast, but I've always been a big fan of PPro CPUs (one of the
> few Intel CPUs that I actually like). SNMP baby!

wonder if that will take the chips with the 1M of cache...

I have a dual ppro mobo (Intel V440FX if I recall model # correctly)
and despite not being 'rated' for use with the 1M chips... it seems
to run them fine.  It also works with ppro overdrives.  I never got
around to setting up in either config though :-(... I keep saying..
somday :-)

also have a dual ppro Micronics board... but that won't run the
overdrive cpus...  never tried the 1M cache ppros...

-- Curt