[rescue] FS (historical?) PPro 180 or 200, with VRM

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Apr 7 09:21:10 CDT 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 05:56, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Duncan wrote:
> I use a quad-processor Pentium Pro 200 w/1MB cache/processor as my main
> fileserver.  It's pretty sweet.  I have twelve 73.4GB Seagate Cheetahs
> in it.  Two 6-drive RAID 5's RAID 0'd together.

Until recently, my NFS server (which did lots of other things) at home was a
4U AlphaPC 164LX with a 600MHz 21164A and 2 trays of 12 x 50GB (1.6")
fiberchannel disk hanging off of it.  If it weren't for the *significant*
reduction in power bill, I'd still be running that.  I figure it'll take no
more than about 6 months to make the power savings pay for the 4 x 300GB
drives that replaced those arrays.

Pat