[rescue] FS (historical?) PPro 180 or 200, with VRM

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Apr 6 22:25:15 CDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> For sale a Pentium Pro 180 or 200, with VRM. Working pull.
>
> Install RH 5.2 and impress (or depress) your friends!

I'm still running a dual PPro 200 24/7 here at home.  It's my
main fileserver.  (IBM Intellistation Z, 128MB ram)  I have over half
a TB of storage in it.  BIOS claims the drives are 8GB but they work
just fine although my IDE bus speed is maxed at 66MHz.  It crashed on
me a few months ago because the power supply fan went out after about 6
years of 24/7 use.  I replaced the fan and it picked right up where it
left off.

I keep it synced with another IBM Intellistation (Intellistation M,
dual PIII-350 cpus) with similar drives and rsync and I'm using
heartbeat for high availability.  When the PS fan blew out, I didn't
notice for a couple of weeks.

-DanD

# Everything in excess!  To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
# Moderation is for monks.  -Lazarus Long