[rescue] Install Solaris 10 without CD-ROM, and without another Solaris box. Possible?

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu Apr 6 12:16:51 CDT 2006

I'm not sure if this is rescue or geeks material, but here goes...
I have a Windows machine at work, a Mac OS X laptop, and an Ultra 2
running Solaris 9 which I've secreted under my desk. The U2 has no CD-
ROM, and while I might be able to get one, if I could do it another
way, it would be less hassle for me. Is there a way I could network
install (using Mac OS X or Windows/Interix as a host), or upgrade-
install without a CD drive?

  - Micah