[rescue] [geeks] Needed: SunOS 4.1.4

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Apr 5 13:49:25 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:36:03AM -0400, Dave K wrote:
> Realizing I didn't have a copy of this either, I decided to D/L these
> myself.  First thing I see is that these two ISO images are different.
>  I haven't looked at them any closer yet.

I downloaded Rick Kelly's copy a while back and installed it on a spare
SPARCclassic I had lying around. No problems other than the weird serial
settings (which I couldn't find well documented anywhere). I needed to use
7-bit even parity otherwise the console would get corrupted after the
kernel booted and prompted for the installation type. Take a look at
http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/archives/2005/05/03/installing-sunos-414-via-serial-console/

Nice to get a flashback to 1994 occasionally :)

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/