[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Tue Apr 4 19:28:03 CDT 2006

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, "Jonathan C. Patschke" wrote:
>
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > I think you'd need something bigger, like maybe an E10k to handle that
> > many buts.  If using unusually tiny buts, perhaps the U2 could be
> > counted as a 2-but machine.
>
> Not really.  One can implement 64 buts ((not a) and b) using only 192
> transistors, which is well within the contraints of even a modest
> integrated circuit.

i haven't had enough coffee today!  i recently bought a little HP LogicDart
in order to do some TTL-debugging of a dead PERQ EIO board and i'm thinking
"i remember my truth tables for AND, OR, and NOT gates, but did i miss the
chapter on BUT gates?  <pause, as my other brain cell slowly wakes up>
oh!  that's funny."

hee hee.  i'm awake now, really.

actually, i've been meaning to post lately about my latest haul - some nice
goodies to give away that might interest local rescuers.  my new $job is
moving to a new building, and cleaned out the "back room" - i picked up a
massive pile of stuff (filled my living room) that i'm mostly going to give
away for the cost of shipping...  gotta inventory it...

-- chris