[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Apr 4 13:26:29 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:13:44PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Huh.  I guess that'd work.  16.5% of what, though?  If they charge you
> 16.5% of what the thing cost new....

The value of the computer at the current time, by their estimates.
You can, use the original cost of the computer depriciated by 10%
per year, adds in a national magazine, and possibly printouts of eBay
sales. The problem would be to convince them that the computer is
for personal use.

If they thought it was not they would ask for a VAT number and assess
you what they felt like because a business gets it back anyway.

> Yeah, that's decently inexpensive power.  I miss Eastern Washington
> State's $.06/kWh hydroelectric power.

The only problem is that the average wage is now slightly over $1,000
per month and there are many families with a single working parent.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838