[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 3 18:31:41 CDT 2006

On Apr 2, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Shirker wrote:

> About to put an SS2 on ePay, when I noticed it had some strange
> cards in
> it.
>
> 501-1931: SBUS serial parallel controller
> 501-1419: framebuffer, SBus, MG1 ECL mono, bwtwo w/ D type connector
>
> I don't have the cable or connector box to go with the 501-1931,
> sorry.
>
> Anyone want these? You can have them for the cost of postage. Speak up
> quick, otherwise I'll just leave them in the machine when I ePay it.
>
> Ed.

Why would you even bother putting an SS2 on eBay?  I have a whole
stack of these things... they're going in the dumpster.  Pretty much
useless at this point.  A Sun4m would be a different matter.  I'd say
the oldest useful Sparc would be an LX at this point and it wouldn't
fetch enough money to be worth the listing fees.

Andrew