[rescue] New scores - Sun DLT autoloader and IBM SP frame

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Apr 3 17:13:17 CDT 2006

I found some good bargains at the IUPUI surplus auction this past
weekend in Indianapolis...

$5 ea - Hazeltine 1500 terminal, and DEC VT100 - missing keyboard.
$20 - Sun 4700 DLT autoloader (DLT4000 drive, 7 tape magazine)
$140 - IBM SP frame with 4x9076-N81 High node, each has 16 (POWER3)
   procs, 8GB ram, and an SSA disk card (no SSA disks that I saw
   though).  Man, are those heavy!

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the drive in the Sun DLT
autoloader? I tried swapping in a DLT7000 drive, but it seems like the
library doesn't quite like it, even though the cables seem to attach
properly to the drive.

Pat