[rescue] Need help using cgsix in IPX

C Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sun Apr 2 23:51:52 CDT 2006

Hello All,

I've got an IPX that I've started working on a while back, but sort of
forgot about.  I've already done the NVRAM battery, messed around with
Openboot, and done a NetBSD install.  I haven't done anything with it
since.... I still know very little about NetBSD, or any other Unix for
that matter.

Any way..... I have this Sony GDM-1602 sitting here.  It's max refresh
rate seems to much less than what the cgsix in the IPX wants to work
with.  I tried specifying resolution and refresh rate in Openboot, but
it still doesn't work.  Assuming I can use this monitor with the IPX, I
don't know enough to figure it out.  If I flip the monitor off and on a
few times, I can see the it's getting a signal, but the characters are
sort of skewed across the screen about 3 times.  Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA