[rescue] Mainframe on eBay

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Sep 26 17:36:35 CDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Some of Sun's equipment is rock solid and runs literally years without
> complaint, so why is it some of their stuff is so bad?

Maybe Sun had a hard time making sufficient new sales of hardware to
companies who didn't need to replace equipment for years.

We have Ultra 2s and Blade 1500s here at WeDesignProcessors.  Those two
machines are more-or-less targeted towards the same class of technical
user.  Both are dual-processor machines.  Really, the 1500 the direct
upgrade path from the Ultra 2 (assuming you didn't buy into the U60 or
Blade 1000 because your Ultra 2 was Just fine when those were current).

Guess which one we have WAY more hardware failures and general weirdness
with.  Yep, the Blade 1500s.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "When we are young, wandering the face of the
Elgin, TX          (    earth, wondering what our dreams might be worth,