[rescue] e450 and debian linux

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Sep 16 12:39:10 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Wes Will
> Sigh.....
>
> Yes, the philosophy of Linux, Open Solaris, BSD of some sort, the distro
> wars, whatever....
>
> But philosophy to the side, does ANYONE know, can ANYONE TELL ME, in
> simple
> terms, which of the billion or so frame buffer drivers under Debian's
> installer works with a Raptor GFXP8 card in an E450???

I'm guessing none which is why everyone is suggesting console install:

http://www.techsource.com/gfx8pfaqs/gfx8pfaqs.html

However there are signs of life just not all that recently:

http://lists.auroralinux.org/pipermail/aurora-sparc-user/2004-August/001815.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/03/msg00052.html

http://auroralinux.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Raptor_GFX-8P

It looks like it's a Permedia chipset card that is only supported under
XFree 3.x or so.

Mike Hebel
----
Waiting for Wyatt's Torch to go out...