[rescue] ham gear

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:11:17 CST 2005

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:12:20PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>>I still fail to see what method one would use to transmit data through a
>>bulkhead using a Palm Pilot.
>

> WiFi, WiMax, EDGE, 3G, unltrasonic as starters.

I don't think it would be feasible to transmit WiFi WiMax or Cellular
signals through the hull of a sinking ship.

Ultrasonic, maybe.  I don't know how well the signal would maintain
integrity with machinery going berserk all around.  I've experimented
with infrasound in the past, but it's easier for sounding than for
signal transmission.

Peace...  Sridhar