[rescue] ham gear

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Nov 28 16:40:23 CST 2005

Dan Duncan wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:12:20PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>>
>>>I still fail to see what method one would use to transmit data through a
>>>bulkhead using a Palm Pilot.
>>
>>WiFi, WiMax, EDGE, 3G, unltrasonic as starters.
>

> Does the Palm Pilot do any of those?
>
> Mine only did audio and IR.

In fact, as Sridhar suggests, Palms don't communicate through steel very
well in our experience. I think there was a plan to put some type of
stations throughout the ship to sync palms though.

Still, beating on the bulkhead with it may be the most direct method,
but then there's that no-morse-code problem that we started with...

Steve