[rescue] E5000 disk issue

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:20:40 CST 2005

On 11/24/05, Dan Williams <williams.dan at gmail.com> wrote:
> It might not be the disk, have you changed the termination. I have had
> similar errors (although without the write error) which has been
> termination.

I was wondering about this. Altough performance was restored by
removing the disk, and putting a new disk appeared to be ok, I noticed
again subpar performance later on. I cant tell if the SCSI bus was
degraded or not, but iostat is again showing me 90-100% with a meager
1MB/s. I'm ok with 18MB/s, altough I'd want better, but 1MB/s I cannot
live with that!

I'm wondering if the on board SCSI controller cant deal with the 3
drives (id 2,3,4) in the st d130 PLUS thru the front scsi tray
adapter, the CDROM and DDS-3. Can you *not* use the back SCSI port on
thesbus/ IO board on slot 0 if you use the scsi tray/adapter also?

Francois