[rescue] Netbooting an E280R

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Nov 22 08:15:30 CST 2005

>AFAIK the client will be looking to tftp an image named as the IP
>address of the client in hex, such as : C0A80113 or C0A80113.SUN4U
>where C0A80113 corresponds to 192.168.1.19 and SUN4U is the platform
>of the client. Create both of these as soft-links to boot.img and it
>should Just Work.
>
>p.s. - there may be  some pauses, first when the client is rarping
>for its address and then when the client starts downloading the boot
>image

Oh yeah, there are some 'pauses'...  Slow as a house on wheels, but it does
crank along.

I had symlinks that had the MAC converted to hex, but without the SUN4U
bit, first I have heard of that, the links to the bootable image were all
ending in .img.  Put one in with the SUN4U tail and we'll try it as soon as
der mensch arrives and unlocks the doors.  Thanks for the leg up.  I had
hoped it was something this simple/stupid.

--
www